Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Soupe au Pistou....Vegetable Soup with Pesto....A Delicious and Affordable Soup...


It is sad to hear that the economic difficulties are not allowing to people to eat well. I think we have a moral and ethical obligation to contribute not only with tasty recipes, but affordable as well.

I hope this economic crisis will end soon, and that everybody may leave in peace....

This is a very affordable and tasty French soup. As far as I know, it comes from Provence. If you cannot afford to make pesto basil, you can crash parsley and garlic together...it is also delicious.

I used what I have in the fridge.....

Soupe a Pistou

1 cup of red kidney beans (cooked)
1 cup of green beans 
2 potatotes (I used yam) diced
3 carrots (diced)
3 zucchini (diced)
2 tomatoes (crushed)
1 onion (I had 1 leak)
150 grams of pasta (I used 150 grams of chickpeas cooked)
150 green peas (is not included in the original recipe)
1 liter of vegetable broth
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

In a pot, heat olive oil and sautee the leak. Add the green beans, potatoes/yam, carrots, and zucchini. 

I love leeks!

Add the tomatoes, and season it with salt and pepper. Cook it for 5 minutes at medium heat. Add the vegetable broth, and bring it to boil. Add the beans, pasta (chickpeas), and green peas.



 Let it boil for 15 minutes at medium heat. Serve it with a spoon of Basil pesto or Parsley majada. Mix it.....ENJOY!





1 comment:

  1. Que deliciosa esta sopa, y que colorido, nada mas verla dan ganas de tomarse un buen plato, te ha quedado perfecta. Besicos

    ReplyDelete