Monday, November 11, 2013

Lentils with Carrots and Yellow Bell Pepper ......



I love lentils. Along with chick peas are my favorite legumes. I can eat them just cooked with olive oil and salt, and my heart is happy!!

Here you have a recipe of lentils that we enjoyed last week.

Lentils with Carrots and  Bell Pepper.....or lentils with what I had in the fridge!...;)

2 cups of pardina lentils
3 tomatoes (grated)
2 garlics (chopped)
3 carrots
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 orange pepper
A piece of leek
Bay leaf
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Pimenton de la Vera (smoked)

Soak the lentils overnight. After that you can cook them in a pressure pot to reduce energy consumption, or add to the preparation raw.

In a cazuela de barro, heat olive oil and sautee the leek. Add the carrots (sliced), and the bell peppers. Incorporate the tomato and garlics. Season it with salt, pepper, and Pimenton de la Vera. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Add the cooked lentils, and simmer for 15 minutes to amalgamate the flavours. If you add the raw lentils, then cook it for 45 minutes at low heat. ENJOY!!





I continue with the Patisserie Book, and we are really enjoying it!....Every recipe is not only delicious, but also the proportions and cooking time is perfect.

My next post will be  this delicious croissant with marzipan filling....





No comments:

Post a Comment